Minutes of Exercise meeting
14th of May 2011
Yeronga Services Club
Yeronga Services Club
Present: Anna, Carol, Jennifer, Bill, Vera, Anna, Helga, Wendy.
Meeting chaired: by Anna.
Minutes: by Wendy.
Ø Guest Speaker
Anna advised that Caz Osborne is unable to speak on the 25 June 2011. Lou to contact Caz to propose alternative dates.
Ø Fairfield Library reopening
Anna reported that the Fairfield Writers Group had been allocated a five minute time slot to speak about the group on the occasion of the reopening of the library. Anna agreed to speak at the opening. Helga had designed a flyer with information about the group to distribute at the opening. It was agreed that the anthology ‘Beginnings’ should be available for sale at the opening at a price of $15. It was also agreed that preparation of a poster promoting the group should be deferred until later in the year.
The group discussed custom designed t-shirts for FWG members, possibly to be worn at the launch of the new anthology. Cost, design and sponsors to be considered.
Ø Other Business
· Carol advised that extra money had been paid for a meeting which had been cancelled. It was agreed that the money should remain as a membership contribution.
· It was noted that in the future the local councillor may be able to assist with printing and general support.
· It was agreed that a card and small gift should be given to the Yeronga Services Club as a thank you from FWG members for hosting meetings during library repairs and renovations.
Ø June Exercise
June exercise to be based on the ABR Elizabeth Short Story Prize. Members to read an excerpt at the meeting.
Minutes of Novel/Short Story meeting
28th of May 2011
Yeronga RSL Services Club
Present: Lorraine, Helga, Carol
- We were small in numbers for our last meeting at the Yeronga RSL but it was productive. Lorraine brought along the synopsis for her novel ‘I Might Have Been Me’ and Helga brought a chapter of her novel.
- We had a good time critiquing and I think Lorraine and Helga found the comments made helpful.
- Findlay sent me a poem inspired by our previous exercise to write a humorous poem, which I read out. We all thought it was very funny.