FAIRFIELD WRITERS’ GROUP MEETING
13th of August 2011
Present: Findlay, Lou, Anna, Helga, Jennifer, Carol and Maarten
Chairing this meeting: Anna
Taking minutes this meeting: Findlay
Carol confirmed that all anthology participants had paid the outstanding fees towards publication.
Anna brought the meeting up to date with progress on the anthology:
• Lorraine had arranged for the final proof to be delivered to the printer, For the Love of Books, Moorooka on Friday, August 12.
• The launch of “Life’s a Roller Coaster” was now confirmed: 11am-1.0pm on October 15, Fairfield Library, Fairfield.
• Endorsements would be included in future media releases.
• A sample of the anthology was likely to be available for the FWG meeting on September l0.
• It was hoped the finished book would be ready by October 8, and it was hoped copies could be distributed to each participant at the Fairfield library on that day.
Supporters: The meeting heard that ten businesses and other premises had agreed to take some copies of the anthology on consignment and/or display FWG posters.
Media/promotion: There was a wide-ranging discussion regarding media/promotions and marketing but because of time constraints it was agreed that a special meeting be held as soon as practicable to focus purely on those issues. Anna undertook to set a date and advise anthology members accordingly.
T-shirt: Helga brought a FWG tee-shirt to the meeting and it was decided that each member wishing to purchase a tee shirt for $24.95c would be able to decide the wording that would accompany the FWG logo: ie Working with Words or Fairfield Writers Group.
Package: It was agreed that customers could be offered a package deal-ie a copy of “Beginings” and “Life’s a Roller Coaster”.
Next Anthology Meeting: Saturday 27th of August 2011
12pm at the back of the Fairfield Library