FWG 2nd ANTHOLOGY
FAIRFIELD WRITERS’ GROUP MEETING
12th OF FEBRUARY 2011
Present: Lorraine, Helga, Jennifer, Findlay and Anna.
Chairing this meeting: Anna
The following key points were discussed in this meeting:
1. Submit first draft of story/stories in the formatted template.
All members have submitted their first draft.
2. Cover concept to be agreed.
Helga submitted 3 drawings for approval. Suggestions for cover were discussed and changes will be presented at next meeting.
3. Select a “buddy” to work with.
The top row mentors the middle row and the middle row mentors the bottom row.
Maarten Anna Lou Lorraine
Anna Helga Jennifer Maarten
Lou Findlay Maarten Anna
Helga Findlay Anna
Findlay Lorraine Lou
Lorraine Maarten Jennifer
4. Discuss word count cost.
Lorraine obtained pricing for the book which was emailed to all members previously. It was decided that the story would be no more than 10,000 words in total.
This means that you can have either one story of up to 10,000 words or two stories combined to make up to 10,000 words.
Members decided that 200 hundred books were required. Lorraine will get a quote for 200 hundred books and advise us of the pricing at the next meeting.
5. Any other issues
Idea shared at meeting- a member(s) of the One Book Many Brisbanes project management team to endorse anthology.
Key points to be discussed or to be actioned in the next meeting:
• Submit 2nd draft All drafts must conform to the supplied style sheet and formatting rules.
• Discuss pricing based on 200 books.
• Draft cover designs to be reviewed and voted on.
• Discuss marketing strategy.
Next Anthology Meeting: 12th of March 2011