|Working With Words|
Minutes of meeting
Program for 2111
Fairfield Writers Group Meeting Report -
11 December 2010
Present: Jennifer, Carol, Cecilia, Helga, Anna, Lorraine, Maarten, Martin, Karen, Lou and we welcomed three new members, Anne, Vera and Bob
- What an excellent turn-up we had for our last meeting of the year. Our writing workshop morning was a success and as always was fun. A lot of interesting stories were read out and hopefully some of them will be starters for longer pieces throughout the year. We were also treated to morning tea by the library staff, which was most enjoyable and welcomed by all of us.
- The meeting closed at 12.30 pm and then it was off to the Coffee Shop for our Christmas Party. Jin provided us with delicious sandwiches, tea and coffee. We treated ourselves to the ‘sweet stuff’ members had brought along for afters. I think I can safely say we enjoyed ourselves. I took some photos at the writing workshop and Christmas party. Anna will post them to our blog as soon as she can.
- What a big day it was for us writers and made an excellent finish to the year. It was an especially big day for our Anthology Group and those who organised the first meeting of our Youth Group, as their meetings were held before our writing workshop. How’s that for a meeting marathon?
- Although attendance was a little disappointing at the first Youth Group meeting, we hope to have more interest shown in the New Year when schools and universities resume.
- There will be no set exercise for our January meeting. Just bring along a piece of your writing to share and be critiqued.
- We will be discussing a program to follow throughout the year so put your thinking caps on and bring your ideas to the meeting.
Happy writing in 2011. May you be creative and productive!