Listed below are the guidelines for bringing work to be critiqued on the fourth Saturday of each month.
1. Any length of work may be brought to the meeting. However, for longer pieces (over 1000 words), if you wish to have these critiqued, please buddy up with other novel writers in the group and forward your work electronically to those buddies for preliminary reading/commenting before the next Novel/Short Stories meeting. Alternatively send your piece to everyone who attends this group. Contact Carol firstname.lastname@example.org for email addresses.
2. When having a novel excerpt/chapter read for feedback, please include a brief outline of ‘the story so far’.
3. Line numbers are to be included on all pages.
4. Font to be Times New Roman or Arial for easier reading.
To insert line numbers in MS Word go to file, click page setup, then layout, click line numbers, then check the add line numbers box, then check continuous under the numbering heading. Lastly click OK
5. 3 photocopies only of your work for reading individually by members.
NB This group will be split up into small groups of 2 or 3 people only for the critiquing of writings.